Monday, July 11, 2016

Some Sad News

Dear Readers,

As some of you may know, my dear husband, Robert has been ill for some time. In May of this year, his health became even more precarious.

Sadly, he passed away on June 17.

I miss my companion of over 50 years more than I can say. Even though he was never himself involved in my garden, he was always ready to admire a new planting or listen to my enthusiasm about a newly discovered plant or critter. He didn't much like hikes, but he did enjoy exploring our property here. Somehow, this helps me feel that his spirit is still here.

It has been a difficult couple of months, but I plan to get back to writing and working in my garden and my pottery studio.
One of my favourite pictures of Robert. Here he is admiring the view from the ridge above our marsh, with Jake and Kip (hiding). It was taken a few years ago, but I like to remember him as he was during that walk in the woods.


We have finally had some rain, the sun is shining, the roses are blooming... we will carry on.

Stay well,

Lis

2 comments:

  1. I'm so sorry to hear about your husband. 50 years is a lot of sharing. I hope your happy memories of him bring you confort.

    ReplyDelete
  2. So sorry to hear the sad news about your husband, you must have so many happy memories from your 50 years together.

    ReplyDelete